About the Role
This vacancy is for a full-time position (40 hours) within our Sister Basilia Center—Day Activity Center with the possibility to work part-time. The Sister Basilia Center—Day Activity Center provides care to our clients with intellectual disabilities. The psychologist assesses, treats, and guides our clients with psychological, behavioral, and /or psychiatric problems in order to get insight and to assist in learning to support the individual client care.
The psychologist works together with the Department Manager of the Sister Basilia Center and gives functional instructions to the Group Leaders concerning issues that have influence on the psychological well-being of our clients. The psychologist also works alongside other professionals in the multidisciplinary team.
The job requires:
· Academic education within the field of psychology or ‘orthopedagogiek’ when studied in the Netherlands, with preference of a postdoctoral specialization and / or BIG-registration and / or registration as NVO generalist;
· Knowledge is required of relevant legislation and regulations and of the social map;
· Developments in the field of study must be followed actively;
· Relevant work experience in the field of intellectual disabilities;
· Knowledge of the English and Dutch language.
About the Company
The White and Yellow Cross Care Foundation provides client-centered quality care in a warm and safe environment to all Sint Maarten residents in need. This trusted CARE is supported by continuous learning opportunities for all our 175+ employees. Besides remuneration, vacation allowance, Christmas bonus, healthcare insurance, and our pension plan, we offer a great and inspiring work atmosphere with opportunities to grow, personally and professionally. Because you will take care of our clients, we will support your health by offering a variety of free sports classes on a daily basis.